The Forest Resource Utilization and Marketing (FRU) program supports Kentucky's forest product economy with market development, process improvement and adoption of new technologies. Through the FRU program, the division strives to expand forest resources and wood industries. Some of the services provided to the timber industry through FRU include the following:
- Monitoring changes in the forest
- Matching wood producers and wood users
- Conducting industry surveys
- Compiling and reporting data on quantities and species of wood
- Compiling the Primary Wood Industries of Kentucky directory
- Reporting timber products output
- Monitoring trends in timber harvesting
- Publishing a quarterly newsletter called "Growing Gold"
- Offering technical assistance to mills and loggers to increase efficiency
The division's marketing bulletin "Growing Gold" features a listing of timber sales, desirable wood products, wood products for sale and services available.
The bulletin will be produced as needed when new information is available. The division will post an on-line version here.
Other Publications and Information
Kentucky Delivered Log Price Report - 1st and 2nd Qtrs. 2018 (Final)