Stephen Rogers has been promoted to Forestry Program Specialist for Forest Resource Utilization and Marketing replacing Stewart West who retired.
The Forest Resource Utilization and Marketing (FRU) program supports Kentucky's forest product economy with market development, process improvement and adoption of new technologies. Through the FRU program, the division strives to expand forest resources and wood industries. Some of the services provided to the timber industry through FRU include the following:
- Monitoring changes in the forest
- Matching wood producers and wood users
- Conducting industry surveys
- Compiling and reporting data on quantities and species of wood
- Compiling the Primary Wood Industries of Kentucky directory
- Reporting timber products output
- Monitoring trends in timber harvesting
- Publishing a quarterly newsletter called "Growing Gold"
- Offering technical assistance to mills and loggers to increase efficiency
The division's marketing bulletin Summer 2023 Kentucky Growing Gold features a listing of timber sales, desirable wood products, wood products for sale and services available. Contact Stephen Rogers (270) 841-2627 for more information.
Other Publications and Information
Kentucky Delivered Log Prices 1st and 2nd Quarter 2022
2022 KENTUCKY DELIVERED LOG PRICING 3&4 QUARTER
2023 KENTUCKY DELIVERED LOG PRICING 1&2 QUARTER
Summer 2023 Kentucky Growing Gold