Dedicated December 7, 1979, Jesse Stuart State Nature Preserve is located in Greenup County and 714 acres. The preserve was acquired through a gift-purchase arrangement with the internationally known Kentucky author, Jesse Stuart, and includes the land he made famous in his stories as "W-Hollow". The area is used for passive recreation and environmental education.
- Features - hills and hollows made famous in Stuart's writings
- Access - three miles of trail over uneven terrain, moderate
- Facilities - none
- Parking - six cars; one bus
- Activities - hiking, birding, literature study, etc.
- Directions - Greenup County. From the junction of I-64 and KY 1 north of Grayson, follow KY 1 north for 20 miles, turn left onto W-Hollow Road. Drive 1.5 miles to parking area on right side of road.