The Kentucky Surface Mining Information System (SMIS) is an extensive computer database that is used for tracking all permitting and enforcement actions on coal mining activity in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Examples of information contained in SMIS include:
- status of pending and issued permit applications;
- general background information on permitted coal mining operations;
- inspection background and frequency;
- status of mining activity;
- past or pending violation problems; and,
- performance bond information.
- The recommended browser for accessing SMIS is either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge. SMIS will not work with Internet Explorer
- A 24 inch monitor is recommended but would adjust accordingly to any monitor size
- We recommend a resolution of 1920 x 1080.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
with any issues.