Public participation is an important part of air quality management. This page provides information about upcoming air quality-related public hearings as well as public notices about draft air permit applications and how to comment on them.
Oct. 25, 2022 at 2 PM EDT: C&R Asphalt LLC - Mulch
The Kentucky Energy & Environment Cabinet will hold a virtual public hearing on Tuesday, Oct. 25 at 2 p.m. EDT. This hearing will be held to receive public comments on the draft Title V permit to operate a wood waste processing facility at 415 Rebmann in Lexington, KY. The plant is classified as a Title V major source due to its operating an air curtain incinerator. Official copies of the draft permit and relevant supporting information can be found in the table on this page under Permit Public Notices.
This hearing is open to the public and all interested persons will be given the opportunity to present testimony. All relevant comments will be considered in issuing the proposed permit. You do not need to attend the public hearing to comment on the draft permit; written comments may be sent to Michelle McCloskey at 300 Sower Boulevard, 2nd Floor, Frankfort, KY 40601 or by email to Michellea.McCloskey@ky.gov. All written comments must be received by Oct. 25, 2022.
The public hearing will be held on Zoom. If you or someone you know will need an interpreter, please let the Division for Air Quality know in advance so accommodations can be provided. Contact Michelle McCloskey by phone at 502-782-6713 or by email Michellea.McCloskey@ky.gov . To access the public hearing on your computer use this Zoom link or dial into the meeting using one of the following numbers:
877 853 5257 US Toll-free
888 475 4499 US Toll-free
833 548 0276 US Toll-free
833 548 0282 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 880 5317 7377
Public comments offer citizens opportunities to provide input on air quality decision-making. The Clean Air Act and Kentucky statutes include provisions for public input on proposed regulation changes, network plans, state implementation plans, and air permit applications and renewals.
Permit Public Notices
The table below lists pending air permits posted for public comment, along with the deadline for providing comments to the Division for Air Quality.
- The AI (Agency Interest) is a unique number assigned to permitted facilities in Kentucky.
- The facility name links to the department’s eSearch database, where you can learn more about the facility.
- The AFS (Air Facility System) is the federally-issued plant ID number.
- The permit number links to the draft permit.
- The public notice contains information on how to provide public comment on the draft permit.
- The public comment period is the 30-day timeline for providing public comments to the division. Although public notices may also be published in local newspapers, the date of posting on this website is the official start of the public comment period and determines when the comment period ends.
- Additional supporting documents may include:
- Statement of basis
- Permit application