Public participation is an important part of air quality management. This page provides information about upcoming air quality-related public hearings as well as public notices about draft air permit applications and how to comment on them.
There are no public hearings scheduled at this time.
Public comments offer citizens opportunities to provide input on air quality decision-making. The Clean Air Act and Kentucky statutes include provisions for public input on proposed air permit applications and renewals.
The table below lists pending air permits posted for public comment, along with the deadline for providing comments to the Division for Air Quality.
- The AI (Agency Interest) is a unique number assigned to permitted facilities in Kentucky.
- The facility name links to the department’s eSearch database, where you can learn more about the facility.
- The AFS (Air Facility System) is the federally-issued plant ID number.
- The permit number links to the draft permit.
- The public notice contains information on how to provide public comment on the draft permit.
- The public comment period is the 30-day timeline for providing public comments to the division. Although public notices may also be published in local newspapers, the date of posting on this website is the official start of the public comment period and determines when the comment period ends.
- Additional supporting documents may include:
- Statement of basis
- Permit application