Public participation is an important part of air quality management. This page provides information about upcoming air quality-related public hearings as well as public notices about draft air permit applications and how to comment on them.
Oct. 26, 2020 at 2 PM EDT
Buffalo Trace Distillery Renewal Draft Permit
A virtual public hearing has been scheduled for October 26, 2020 at 2PM (EDT) to accept public comments on the renewal draft permit for Buffalo Trace Distillery (AI 1373). The Division for Air Quality is also accepting all written comments during the 30 day public comment period. If you would like to speak at the scheduled hearing, please send a request to Shauna Switzer at Shauna.Switzer@ky.gov. If no requests to speak at the hearing are received by October 19, 2020 at 5PM (EDT), the hearing will be cancelled. More information on how to access the hearing, submit a public comment or how to register to speak at the hearing are contained in the public notice below. More information may be posted on Monday, Sept. 28; please refer to the table at the bottom of this page.
Public comments offer citizens opportunities to provide input on air quality decision-making. The Clean Air Act and Kentucky statutes include provisions for public input on proposed regulation changes, network plans, state implementation plans, and air permit applications and renewals.
2015 Ozone Marginal Nonattainment Area Requirements
Public Comment Period: Aug. 31 - Sept. 29, 2020
The Kentucky Division for Air Quality (Division) is submitting a letter to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certifying the previously approved emissions statement program and the nonattainment new source review program for the Kentucky 2015 ozone marginal nonattainment areas.
In accordance to 40 CFR 51.102, the Division is making this proposed certification letter available for public inspection and provides the opportunity for public comment. The public comment period will be open from Aug. 31, 2020 through Sept. 29, 2020. Comments should be submitted in writing to the contact person by either mail or email.
CONTACT PERSON: Kelly Lewis, Branch Manager, Program Planning & Administration Branch, Kentucky Division for Air Quality, 300 Sower Boulevard, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601. Phone: (502) 782-6687. Email: Kelly.Lewis@ky.gov.
Permit Public Notices
The table below lists pending air permits posted for public comment, along with the deadline for providing comments to the Division for Air Quality.
- The AI (Agency Interest) is a unique number assigned to permitted facilities in Kentucky.
- The facility name links to the department’s eSearch database, where you can learn more about the facility.
- The AFS (Air Facility System) is the federally-issued plant ID number.
- The permit number links to the draft permit.
- The public notice contains information on how to provide public comment on the draft permit.
- The public comment period is the 30-day timeline for providing public comments to the division. Although public notices may also be published in local newspapers, the date of posting on this website is the official start of the public comment period and determines when the comment period ends.
- Additional supporting documents may include:
- Statement of basis
- Permit application