Skip to main navigation Skip to main content

​​Submit a Complaint​ Online

The DEP Complaint Form allows you to submit your environmental complaint anonymously to the Department for Environmental Protection. You do not have to give your name or contact information, but you may want to provide that information if you want to follow-up about the complaint. This form is only for complaints, and not for notifications of releases or environmental emergencies. ​To report an environmental emergency, call 800-928-2380.​

Complaint Helplines

​Complaint helplines are answered whenever possible during business hours. After hours, please leave a detailed message and someone will return your call as soon as possible. If you wish to submit a complaint online, please use the DEP Complaint Form.

  • Air: 502-782-6592 
  • Waste: 502-564-6716
  • Water: 502-564-3410​
  • Report illegal dump activities or hazardous waste disposal: 502-564-3358
  • To issue a utility complaint: 800-772-4636  


  • Report an environmental emergency: 800-928-2380
  • Report wildland arson: 800-27-ARSON
  • Report a mine accident: 877-MINE-911
  • Report an abandoned mine emergency: 877-495-9552
Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet
300 Sower Blvd
Frankfort, KY 40601

Phone Directory
Contact Us
Civil Rights/Derecho Civiles

The Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability or sex. This policy protects the rights of Cabinet employees, service applicants and customers. Vendors, agencies and organizations providing services to the Cabinet or its recipients of federally-aided programs also must comply with this policy.