The 44th Annual Governor's Conference on Energy & the Environment
Held Oct. 13 - 14, 2020
Working together to create solutions to meet today's energy, environmental and economic challenges.
We hope you enjoyed our first conference held completely virtually. This year's event focused on the interplay of energy and environmental issues within economic development. We heard about a wide variety of topics, including economic development opportunities within sustainable agriculture, Kentucky's business outlook, brownfield redevelopment potential, renewable energy procurement, energy affordability, environmental justice, and regulatory and policy updates from EEC leadership.
A special thanks to all of our invited speakers, including:
- Governor Andy Beshear
- Laura Freeman of Laura's Lean Beef
- Jackie Roberts, Chief Sustainability Officer of AppHarvest
- Carson Harkrader, CEO of Carolina Solar Energy
- Michael Baute of Silicon Ranch's Regenerative Energy
- Kristina Slattery, Executive Director of Business Development, Cabinet for Economic Development
- Chris Jones, Program Manager of Energize Kentucky
- Tom FitzGerald, Director, Kentucky Resources Council
- Kate Shanks, Vice President of Public Affairs, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
Help us to continuously improve our offerings. Complete the conference survey here.
Read more about the 2020 Governor's Conference in the EEC's Land, Air and Water webzine.
Environmental Justice, COVID-19 Response Take Center State At Governor's Conference on Energy and Environment
Miss the conference or want to revisit a session?
Conference sessions were recorded and may be accessed at the link below.