Energy & Environment Cabinet Internships
The Energy and Environment Cabinet (EEC) has internships across the Commonwealth. We have paid opportunities within the Department for Natural Resources, Department for Environmental Protection, Office of Administrative Services, the Office of Energy Policy, and the Public Service Commission.
Interns can expect:
- An 11-week summer term
- $15/hour pay
- 37.5 hour work week
- EEC gear
- Telecommute opportunities (where applicable)
- Great experience to build a resume
Aside from shadowing staff, intern duties include:
- Reviewing and processing data
- Working on presentations
- File management
- Accompanying field staff on site visits
Qualifications to apply:
- Must be a graduate of or a student in pursuit of a BA or BS in environmental science, biology, physical sciences, or related degree fields from an accredited program
- 3.0 GPA
- Great communication skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Self-starter, motivated, and eager to learn
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
How to apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter in a single PDF and email to David Dooley with the subject line "(Your first name, last name) EEC Internship Application". Example: Jane Doe EEC Internship Application. In your resume and cover letter, please be sure to include the following information:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- University and anticipated year of graduation
- Current GPA
- Related experience
- Area of interest within the EEC where you would like to intern
- Residence for the duration of the internship
Please contact David Dooley
if you need further information.
Prior to submitting your resume and cover letter, we highly encourage you to visit our website and our social media pages on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about the Energy and Environment Cabinet. The EEC is a large agency, and your research will allow you to familiarize yourself with the different subject areas within the cabinet.
Current Internship Opportunities
The Office of Kentucky Nature Preserves (OKNP) is currently seeking applicants for several 6-9 month Natural Areas Tech internships. Any interested applicants are encouraged to contact the office for more information as start dates vary based on availability.
The Natural Areas Tech Intern assists the Regional Natural Areas Manager with the implementation of management plans on select natural areas owned or managed by the Kentucky Nature Preserves. Extensive statewide travel, including routine and extended overnight travel, may be required. Duties include, but are not limited to, exotic species control, herbicide application, brush/tree removal, trail maintenance and construction, boundary posting, firebreak construction and assisting with fire management as a member of the burn crew.
For a more information, qualifications and minimum requirements, please see the Interim OKNP 2022 Internship Announcement below.
How to Apply: Interested individuals may contact Josh Lillpop at (502) 782-7830 or by email at email@example.com. An electronic copy of resume and transcript should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Office of Kentucky Nature Preserves, C/O Josh Lillpop 300 Sower Blvd, 4th Floor, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601-1403.